There are always beautiful homes for sale in Iowa City! The location of the University of Iowa, this perfectly mid-sized town enjoys a bustling downtown social scene. As a result, small businesses thrive among art galleries and theaters and museums. In Iowa City, you can choose between living in a time-honored historic neighborhood or opting for new construction. Moreover, with two major hospitals in town, health care is top notch. Finally, Kinnick Stadium provides sports fans all the access they need. In other words, there’s something for everyone to love about this place.
Real Estate Stats
(Statistical data courtesy of Iowa City Area MLS from January-December 2022)
Average sale price
Average sale price to list price ratio
Total homes sold
# of Households
Commute Time (in minutes)
Fun Facts about Iowa City
- Iowa City was the third designated UNESCO City of Literature and remains one of only two in the United States
- Because of the abundance of nearby farms, local produce is easy to find at grocery stores and farmers markets all over town
- Iowa City is home to numerous festivals that support the arts and offer live entertainment of all kinds
- The downtown pedestrian mall offers a comfortable way to shop, dine, visit the library, or simply enjoy the city without a car in sight
- Livability ranked Iowa City as a Best City for Entrepreneurs and Top 100 Best Places to Live. In addition, The Today Show’s included it in their list of Best Places to Retire
Ready to look at homes for sale in Iowa City?
We’d love to show you your dream home! Enter your email below so we can get started.